PHOENIX, Ariz. – Aug. 28, 2017 – The Sprouts Healthy Communities Foundation will donate $50,000 to the American Red Cross to support those affected by the catastrophic weather damage in South Texas. In addition to the Foundation’s support, the national healthy grocery chain and its private label suppliers are making direct donations of water and non-perishables to Texas-area hunger relief agencies.
“We are deeply grateful for the generous donation from Sprouts,” said Don Speck, Chief Development Officer from the Arizona, New Mexico and El Paso Region of the American Red Cross. “It will help us provide immediate disaster relief by offering food, shelter and comfort to those devastated by the Hurricane Harvey disaster as well as services to help them on the long road to recovery.”
Sprouts operates seven stores in the Houston area and 16 in south Texas. For the latest on store openings and closures, please visit Sprouts.com/Relief, which will be updated based on current weather conditions.
Sprouts locations open for business Tuesday, Aug 29, after 8 a.m.:
- Store #130 – Spring Cypress (22506 Tomball Pkwy, Houston, TX 77070)
- Store #131 – Copperfield (7055 Hwy 6 N, Houston, TX 77084)
- Store #139 – Spring (20708 Kuykendahl Rd. Spring, TX 77379)
Closed Sprouts locations:
- Store #127 – Katy (23105 Cinco Ranch Blvd. Katy, TX 77494)
- Store #133 – Westheimer (11940 Westheimer Rd. Houston, TX 77077)
- Store #136 – The Heights (195 Yale St. Houston, TX 77007)
- Store #146 – Pearland (2718 Old Chocolate Bayou Rd. Pearland, TX 77584)
- Store #119 – Corpus Christi (1440 Airline Road Corpus Christi, TX 78412)
Throughout the year, Sprouts donates all unsold and edible groceries to Houston Food Bank, West Houston Ministries and Food Bank of Corpus Christi through the Sprouts Food Rescue program. In 2016, Sprouts stores and distribution centers donated more than 19 million pounds of product through the Food Rescue program, which is equivalent to 15 million meals.
Founded in 2015, the Sprouts Healthy Communities Foundation supports nonprofit organizations that are making the world a better place in the neighborhoods where Sprouts operates. The Foundation is made possible through the passion of Sprouts team members and the generosity of Sprouts’ vendors and customers.