New store will support Feeding San Diego to relieve local hunger and reduce food waste
WHAT: Sprouts Farmers Market is opening in the Mira Mesa neighborhood of San Diego! The new store will help meet the growing local demand for fresh, natural and organic foods at great prices.
WHERE: 8142 Mira Mesa Boulevard
WHEN: Wednesday, May 9 at 7 a.m.
WHY: Sprouts will host a ribbon-cutting ceremony to celebrate the opening of the approximately 31,000-square-foot store. The public is invited to join the festivities and shop among thousands of healthy items offered throughout the grocery store.
Grand opening day giveaways:
- The first 200 shoppers will receive 20 percent off their initial total purchase. A line is expected to form at 6 a.m.
- Delicious muffin and coffee samples will be served to everyone in line before the doors open.
- Upon checkout, every 15th shopper will receive a coupon book featuring Sprouts savings.
- Every customer will receive one free reusable bag with purchase.
Grand opening weekend deals:
- Saturday, May 12 – The first 200 customers to make a purchase will receive a coupon booklet for five free deli items.
- Sunday, May 13 – Upon checkout, every 15th customer will receive a coupon for $5 off a purchase of more than $15 to use on their next visit.
As part of Sprouts’ commitment to “zero waste,” the new Mira Mesa Sprouts will donate unsold and edible groceries to Feeding San Diego through the grocer’s Food Rescue program. Last year, Sprouts donated 1.2 million pounds of groceries to Feeding San Diego and its partners. In total during 2017, Sprouts stores and distribution centers donated 23 million pounds of product, equivalent to 19 million meals. Food that is not fit for donation is provided to local cattle farms and composting facilities. Sprouts’ evolving “zero waste” initiatives help minimize food waste while reducing the impact of hunger and the company’s environmental footprint.
About Sprouts Farmers Market
Sprouts Farmers Market, Inc. specializes in fresh, natural and organic products at prices that appeal to everyday grocery shoppers. Based on the belief that healthy food should be affordable, Sprouts’ welcoming environment and knowledgeable team members continue to drive its growth. Sprouts offers a complete shopping experience that includes an array of fresh produce in the heart of the store, a deli with prepared entrees and side dishes, The Butcher Shop and The Fish Market at Sprouts, an expansive vitamins and supplements department and more. Headquartered in Phoenix, Ariz., Sprouts employs more than 28,000 team members and operates nearly 300 stores in 16 states from coast to coast. Visit sfmaboutprod.wpengine.com for more information.