Chef Claudia Sandoval, Judge of Food Network’s Easter Basket Challenge, created a sweet, family-friendly Easter treat filled with the goodness of fresh produce and products from Sprouts!
EASTER BUNNY FRUIT PIZZA
By: Chef Claudia Sandoval
For Pizza Dough:
- 2 Wholly GF Pizza Dough, thawed
- Arrowhead Mills Organic Coconut Flour (as needed for dusting)
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Wholesome Turbinado Sugar
For Cream Cheese Whipped Sauce:
- 4 oz. Sprouts Cream Cheese
- 6 tbsp Wholesome Organic Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup TruWhip Whipped ToppinG
- 3 tbsp Sprouts Apricot Preserves
- 1 tsp water
- 1 pkg Sprouts Organic Shredded Coconut
- Assorted fruits of choice, for decorating
- Sprouts Organic Mixed Berry Licorice Twists
- Food Coloring (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- Flour surface with coconut flour and knead two pizza doughs together until well incorporated. Roll out dough between two floured pieces of parchment paper using a rolling pin making a 16-inch round. Transfer dough to a parchment-lined baking sheet. In a small bowl, whisk egg and brush pizza dough with egg. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake until golden, about 12-15 minutes. Remove pizza from oven and cool.
- Meanwhile, using a mixer, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar on high until aerated and whipped. Fold in Whipped Topping until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl whisk together apricot preserves and water to make the glaze, and microwave for 15-30 seconds on high until runny and thin. Remove carefully and set aside to cool.
- Optional Pink Coconut- In a small bowl take ½ cup coconut and add one small drop of red or pink food coloring and mix until color desired is reached.
- To assemble, add cream cheese whip to pizza dough leaving a ½ inch edge. Add shredded coconut in shape of bunny and decorate using fruits and candies. Glaze fruit with Apricot glaze to make shiny and delicious. Slice and serve!
Meet the Chef
Chef Claudia Sandoval is the winner of the sixth season of MasterChef U.S., and has been featured as a judge on the last two seasons of MasterChef Latino. Born and raised in sunny San Diego, California, to a family originally from Mazatlán, Sinaloa, Chef Claudia grew up with her mother and grandmother, who taught her how to cook from a young age. Her signature style is a modern take on Mexican coastal cuisine. After winning the coveted title of MasterChef, she began a successful culinary consulting and catering company under the name “Claudia’s Cocina,” published her bestselling cookbook “Claudia’s Cocina: A Taste of Mexico,” and is opening her own bakery, Cochi Durado in 2020. With a passion for all things philanthropic, Chef Claudia continuously finds ways to give back to her community and serves as a board member of various non-profit organizations. She currently lives with her 14-year-old daughter in the city of San Diego, where they enjoy the outdoors and local dining scene.