Easter Bunny Pizza by Chef Claudia Sandoval
Chef Claudia Sandoval, Judge of Food Network’s Easter Basket Challenge, created a sweet, family-friendly Easter treat filled with the goodness of fresh produce and products from Sprouts!
EASTER BUNNY FRUIT PIZZA
By: Chef Claudia Sandoval
For Pizza Dough:
For Cream Cheese Whipped Sauce:
- 2 Wholly GF Pizza Dough, thawed
- Arrowhead Mills Organic Coconut Flour (as needed for dusting)
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Wholesome Turbinado Sugar
- 4 oz. Sprouts Cream Cheese
- 6 tbsp Wholesome Organic Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup TruWhip Whipped ToppinG
- 3 tbsp Sprouts Apricot Preserves
- 1 tsp water
- 1 pkg Sprouts Organic Shredded Coconut
- Assorted fruits of choice, for decorating
- Sprouts Organic Mixed Berry Licorice Twists
- Food Coloring (Optional)
Meet the Chef
Chef Claudia Sandoval is the winner of the sixth season of MasterChef U.S., and has been featured as a judge on the last two seasons of MasterChef Latino. Born and raised in sunny San Diego, California, to a family originally from Mazatlán, Sinaloa, Chef Claudia grew up with her mother and grandmother, who taught her how to cook from a young age. Her signature style is a modern take on Mexican coastal cuisine. After winning the coveted title of MasterChef, she began a successful culinary consulting and catering company under the name “Claudia’s Cocina,” published her bestselling cookbook “Claudia’s Cocina: A Taste of Mexico,” and is opening her own bakery, Cochi Durado in 2020. With a passion for all things philanthropic, Chef Claudia continuously finds ways to give back to her community and serves as a board member of various non-profit organizations. She currently lives with her 14-year-old daughter in the city of San Diego, where they enjoy the outdoors and local dining scene.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- Flour surface with coconut flour and knead two pizza doughs together until well incorporated. Roll out dough between two floured pieces of parchment paper using a rolling pin making a 16-inch round. Transfer dough to a parchment-lined baking sheet. In a small bowl, whisk egg and brush pizza dough with egg. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake until golden, about 12-15 minutes. Remove pizza from oven and cool.
- Meanwhile, using a mixer, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar on high until aerated and whipped. Fold in Whipped Topping until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl whisk together apricot preserves and water to make the glaze, and microwave for 15-30 seconds on high until runny and thin. Remove carefully and set aside to cool.
- Optional Pink Coconut- In a small bowl take ½ cup coconut and add one small drop of red or pink food coloring and mix until color desired is reached.
- To assemble, add cream cheese whip to pizza dough leaving a ½ inch edge. Add shredded coconut in shape of bunny and decorate using fruits and candies. Glaze fruit with Apricot glaze to make shiny and delicious. Slice and serve!