Healthy grocer launches 7 new functional beverages in New Year’s pilot program
PHOENIX, Ariz. – Dec. 16, 2020 – Sprouts Farmers Market has partnered with L.A. Libations, the preeminent beverage creator, incubator and accelerator, to launch emerging brands at 50 selected stores in California, as part of L.A. Libations’ SoCal Incubation Program (SIP). The assortment will add to Sprouts’ offering of healthier products with special attributes to meet the growing and diverse needs of today’s consumer, including plant-based, keto-friendly, and paleo.
“Sprouts shoppers are enthusiastic about sampling the latest food trends, and that includes beverage trends, too,” said Kim Coffin, Sprouts’ SVP of Nonperishables. “In January, we’re accelerating innovation in our beverage set with a special test in a group of California stores through a partnership with L.A. Libations. We’ll rapidly launch a series of innovative, ready-to-drink beverages in a new display that will support consumer demand for functional beverages.”
Sprouts’ in-store program includes new, special innovation displays near check out which will refresh with new brands three times a year. Each refresh will introduce 7-8 new emerging brands and will be merchandised weekly in all 50 stores by Relentless Trade Solutions for immediate performance reporting and in store brand development. Brands will have three months on shelf to meet predetermined performance metrics to warrant regional or national rollouts.
“Sprouts has been a driver for innovation in the natural food industry for more than two decades. We’re excited to combine the opportunity of Sprouts’ unique model and health–minded customer with insights of L.A. Libation’s team that meets with more than 300 entrepreneurs a year to assess emerging trends,” said Bonnie Shah, VP of Marketing & Innovation at L.A. Libations.
Launching on January 1, 2020, the first round of brands includes:
- Don’t Quit! is a line of better-for-you meal replacement drinks that will compete in adult nutrition. Using premium ingredients, Don’t Quit has created a shake that will fuel your body with daily complete nutrition that tastes delicious and comes with the benefits of a clean label: no soy, no wheat, no corn, and no artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners.
- MoreLabs improves productivity by reducing the daily stressors of life with scientifically proven functional shots including Morning Recovery, Liquid Focus and Dream Well.
- Shaka Tea is an award-winning tea brewed with māmaki, an ancient, adaptogenic superleaf that’s only found in one place in the world: the Hawaiian archipelago. Shaka Teas are sweetened with monkfruit for a delicious zero-calorie super tea.
- SPACE SHAKE is reinventing the milkshake. Designed for your on-the-go lifestyle, the convenient ready-to-drink shakes are ketogenic, paleo, vegan, low carb, loaded-with-good-fats, have no sugar added, are gluten free, dairy free, certified organic and certified delicious.
- Arya is a full line of curcumin-infused sparkling waters that provides all the benefits of one entire tablespoon of turmeric in a refreshing drink.
- Hawaii Volcanic is a naturally alkaline sustainably sourced premium water from Hawaii’s Big Island, available still and sparkling.
- SZENT is pure water, innovated. Harnessing the power of the senses, SZENT has reinvented the flavor experience using only the scent of all-natural ingredients, nothing more.
About Sprouts Farmers Market, Inc.
Sprouts is the place where goodness grows. True to its farm-stand heritage, Sprouts offers a unique grocery experience featuring an open layout with fresh produce at the heart of the store. Sprouts inspires wellness naturally with a carefully curated assortment of better-for-you products paired with purpose-driven people. The healthy grocer continues to bring the latest in wholesome, innovative products made with lifestyle-friendly ingredients such as organic, plant-based and gluten-free. Headquartered in Phoenix, and one of the fastest growing retailers in the country, Sprouts employs approximately 35,000 team members and operates more than 350 stores in 23 states nationwide. To learn more about Sprouts, and the good it brings communities, visit about.sprouts.com.
Subscribe to News from Sprouts!
Stay in touch with the latest news from Sprouts! Sign up to have press releases delivered to your inbox.